Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Visit from the Cousins






Last week my brother and his family came to visit and we had a great time. As usual I wish I took more pictures of the fun but at least we have the memories. We made our usual trip to the outlets. Every time my family comes out we always seem to make a trip to the outlets, so it has sort of become a tradition. It was a lot of fun but I made SC promise to take me back when I am no longer pregnant. The huge belly is definitely a deterrent when buying clothes. On Saturday we made a trip to the beach. AC was not really a fan of the water. In fact we had to force her to get her feet wet. She was content however, with refilling a bowl with sand over and over and over again. Whatever makes her happy. She also enjoyed stomping on the sand castles that her cousins made. My niece and nephew were really good sports about that. The rest of the trip included hanging out, games and food. We had to have the traditional 4-5 watermelon rolls from Friendly’s. My mom always stocks up because you can’t get them out west. Just from our few posts on this blog you can tell that food is central to a lot of our plans. It was so much fun to see everyone, we were so happy they could come out and AC loved bonding with the cousins. My niece and nephew were really sweet to AC and would let her chase them around the house all the time. During the chases my little nephew taught AC that great little taunting song “na na na na na”. Out of all the sweet and cute things my niece and nephew do that is of course what stuck and now she does this all the time. We were out shopping yesterday and AC was singing it at the top of her lungs. (I thought my brother and sister-in-law would get a laugh out of that). We were so happy you guys came. We had a great time and miss you already!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Just wait till you have two. Leila has learned so many things from her sister, including the teasing thing you mention but with a "nanananey-pooh-pooh!" added to the end.

Shaka said...

sounds like you had a good time. i love the first picture of AC. good shot!

are you going to have that baby this week!?

talk to you later. na na na na na!

Anonymous said...

how cute are all those kids! how fun to get to spend time with your brothers family...i am jealous- i wish we could come visit you!!

Rae said...

It is so much fun having cousins together! I can't believe how big everyone has gotten! Your parents looked so thrilled to have their grandbabies with them!!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Sounds like little AC is just like her daddy with her fear of the ocean!!!!! ;)

(SC are you still allergic to sand?)

;)

benjamin said...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I could easily get addicted to your blog. What fun to see all the candids. If I could learn how to use the computer I might actually communicate this way. Hopefully the next photo will be of our new little grandson.
Love, Mom