Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Plan for 2010

So it looks like our New Year's plan for 2010 is to spend as much money as possible and here are the main three culprits:

- a house
- a new/used van
- a baby

And hopefully in this order but we will see what happens. We put an offer on a house and it was accepted but it is a short sale so their bank has to approve it which we hear takes about 4-6 weeks. So we won't know what is going on with that for a little while. The baby is supposed to be coming towards the end of August. The due date is August 22nd. And we are pretty sure that we can't get three car seats in our tiny car so the van will probably need to come before that baby or the husband and I will be driving separately everywhere . . . not very realistic.

We are excited for the new addition coming although I will be honest I am getting a little nervous. Little E has recently become a little crazy person and so I am hoping that he tones down in the next couple of months. I think he is my biggest reason for the lack of blog posts. Basically because I can't even blink without him getting into trouble. So far since we have been at my parent's house he has: broken a dish, colored on a couch, dented the coffee table, ripped part of a chair, found the door to the china dishes (thankfully he seems to forget about this one) and figured out how to open the drawer with my mom's nice silver. And his favorite activity seems to be walking on the dining room table and playing with the chandelier. Of course, we will be happy with this next baby no matter what the gender, but secretly (or not so secretly) I am hoping for a nice, calm girl. Unless the boy can be calm and then that would be ok too.

AC is going through a mommy phase right now, which I hope passes quickly. She is excited about primary and sunbeams but doesn't want to stay and is having issues being separated from me. Which I can't quite figure out because she spends ALL day with me and I am not that fun, especially in these first few months of pregnancy. Overall she is being a good girl for me and a good helper. She tries to keep her little brother in line.


Here are some random pictures from the past few months.



Playing the Wii. The red eyes were better than the "fix" which were scary silver.


If we had done a Christmas Card this year, I think we would have used this picture.

Parent's day to watch dance class.





I think this was the one day we made it outside. I forgot how much work the whole layering process is. I think we spent more time getting dressed then playing outside.


My little trouble maker.

And that sums up what has been going on with us for the past couple of weeks. Now I'm going to try to catch up on all of your blogs.












8 comments:

Anonymous said...

COngratulations!!!! That is exciting! P.S. August 22nd is a good day, that's Brooklynn's birthday. Hang in there toughy, you are a rockstar!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations!!! So exciting! The kids are adorable--even if they do make mischief.

Good luck with everything!

L said...

Yeah, what a post! Three kids - that's amazing. What a cute little family you are making. And good luck with the house. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Anonymous said...

Liz..congrats on the new baby!! All my best to you and hang in there!

Natalie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!! Congrats on all 3 of those huge things!!! Sounds like you're going to have quite the year... but, all exciting stuff! Hope you're feeling good!!!

Crystal said...

Congratulations on Baby #3!

I love the pictures of AC and Little E. They are precious and growing up way too fast! I can't believe that AC is a Sunbeam!! Where does the time go!? (Can you believe that my Christopher is going to be 8 this year!!)

Good luck with the house! I hope everything goes smoothly. Say hello to your parents for us! Take Care.

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Ha ha! I can't believe I have to read the blog (which I'm ALWAYS behind in doing) to find out what's happening back there! I should do better...but such is life! So...I'll have to give you guys a call to find out how everything went with the house.
Gheesh...I gotta get back home :)

P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE the "would be" Christmas Pic of the kiddos!!

andrea. said...

wait, what?!?! where have i been? i just say this post!!!

you are pregnant? you are buying a house? i am dying right now! i am so sorry that i haven't been on top of things. but i am SO excited for you and steve!! three kids, wow!

let me know if you need anything! and we need to talk soon!!