Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can't Sleep So Why Not Blog

I made the mistake of falling asleep on the couch, always risky. Then I went to bed and started "thinking", even riskier. Now here I am a few hours past my bedtime and blogging. We had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and they are 80% sure we are having a boy. This ultrasound was at 12 weeks so my doctor will do another one to confirm but I think they are right. So far this pregnancy has been a lot like Little E's. Even though it was early the technician seemed pretty confident about the gender. AC still says she only wants a girl, which I hate to say, was my feeling too for a while, but I have decided that I am now excited for another little boy. The husband keeps reassuring me that it's not possible to have another boy as crazy as Little E so that makes me feel better too. So it looks like us girls are going to be out numbered for now. In Little E's defense I THINK he may be toning down a LITTLE. I am kinda tired right now though. It's funny how different kids can be. I am finding that I know very little about parenting and what worked for AC does not seem to work with the little guy so I have been trying to change my approach. I wouldn't say there has been a huge change but I think we are both happier with my new epiphany. Which is sad to say that it is a NEW epiphany because everyone always says how kids are different so you would think or hope that the epiphany would have happened a little sooner. Oh well, better late than never.

We are still waiting about the house and really haven't heard anything. Which is now starting to eat away at us. I think we did pretty well for the first 4 weeks of waiting but now it's driving us a little nuts. I guess their bank now has all the paperwork they need to start the approval process but I guess it is still a 30-90 wait. Hopefully we will be hearing more on the sooner side because patience has never been a strong point for me. We have still been looking at other houses but we haven't seen anything we like better so far.

I am 14 weeks now and the morning sickness has greatly improved. I even thought I was starting to feel like I had energy again but that only seemed to last a little while. We have had some fun enjoying the snow. We got out and sledded some more so I now feel good about the snow pants purchase for AC. Money well spent. And the kids have enjoyed some fresh air. Poor Little E must really be going stir crazy inside because I have had to drag him back in kicking and screaming every time. He also likes to try to make a break outside any time the door opens and lately he likes to bring his shoes and AC shoes and my shoes over to me all the time. I think he is trying to tell me something. I guess it's not good for little boys to be cooped up.

Anyways, those are the latest updates and I should probably try to go to bed now.

Not even sure what this was, maybe pudding?



Daddy was working so this was the best we could do for a snowman without him

We also tried AC and Little E snowmen, AC wanted to do a snowman for Daddy and the extended family but I told her we didn't have enough snow






Night sledding




Rosy cheeks

2 comments:

L said...

I love the snowy pictures! They make me miss snow! Seriously, we live in Utah. Where the heck is the snow???

And Jackson has that same shirt as Little E in the pudding picture. What a great sense of style you have!

Amy said...

Congrats on your pregnancy. We must must have due dates about a month apart because I am about 17 or 18 weeks now. I hope the house works out for you. That can be hard living with parents after a while, especially when you have kids to look after. By the way, Leila has those exact plaid snow pants from Target. :)