I started getting contractions on Friday but they were never consistent. By Friday night I was having painful contractions but still not consistent and that continued through Saturday morning. Then around noon I felt pressure like the baby was descending but my water had not broken and I still was not having consistent contractions, they would be 5 minutes and then 20 minutes and jump around. I started getting nervous though because it felt like the baby was getting ready to come out so I called the doctor. The doctor on call later told me that he thought he would just humor me and let me come in and get checked out. On the way to the hospital the contractions started coming pretty fast and by the time I got checked out I was at 5 cm. It seemed like only a half hour later I was feeling the urge to push. I think the nurse didn’t really believe me but they had me checked and I was just about 10 cm. I had wanted to get the epidural and they said I could wait but I decided to just get it over with. So I was admitted to the hospital at 2:30p and Little E came at 3:27p. Thankfully everything went smoothly and going natural wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. Also, thankfully the recovery has been very good and quick.
The first week and a half with Little E has been really good. AC has been a great big sister and has been adjusting really well. Most of the time she is really gentle with him and doesn’t get jealous that we have to hold him all the time (he can be a little high maintenance at times). She loves to hold him which is really sweet and she gives him lots of kisses and tells him that she loves him all the time. She has transitioned much better than I expected. Little E has been doing a good job too. Like I said he can be a little high maintenance at times. Most of the time we have to hold him during the day to sleep. He loves to eat so I feel like I am nursing him constantly. He seems to have his long sleep stretches during the day so I am up more with him at night. And I always used to say that I don’t put babies in bed with me but so far Little E has been a permanent fixture in the middle. I can’t really get him to sleep in the bassinet and I am not feeling rested enough to even try, so he gets to share the bed. Overall though he is a really good baby and we have had a lot of fun welcoming him to the family. Well, I better not push my luck and get this posted before somebody wakes up.
11 comments:
Congrats, Again!! He is SO Adorable! And good Job going natural... I had no idea!!!
Yay! He is a REALLY beautiful baby! AC is so cute with him!
!!!AAAAAAAA!!!! I can't wait to meet him! These are some CUTE pics...I love the one where AC is reading to him :)
Sounds like you had a great delivery. Golly, I wish I could progress so quickly! I guess BabyO came fairly quick...but slow in comparison to little E! I hope your recovery goes just as well! :)
Way to go Liz..Nj came very quickly as well..only an hour after we arrived at the hospital. Glad things are going well. AC is so cute with her little brother!
Yay, Little E! Such a cutie. Looking forward to seeing him again soon! Take care and get some rest... ha ha :)
He is beautiful! Thanks for posting pictures- I was feeling like I needed a little E fix! I love that you included your story...that was the fastest labor ever!! And all natural...oh my! I love it!
Well congrats, you have quite the cute little family. I am going to call you soon...maybe today...I miss you!
Liz,
Thanks again for saving us with tons of help our last few days in CT!
We actually made it to NZ, and now I am blogging in the middle of the night instead of sleeping, go figure!
Your new little guy is adorable and so good! Thanks again for being you and taking care of everyone!!!!
Little E is so cute! Thank you so much for humoring Kenners the other day and letting her come in and see him!
I am more than happy to take AC for you this week. I'll call tomorrow and set up a day.
I didn't know you went natural! Way to go! And you're right, it really isn't that bad. Especially for us lucky gals who go quick!!! :)
YEAH!! He is so beautiful! I wish I was there to help you. I am still doing most of the things you describe and we've been at it now 4 months!! We could be sleepy zombies together!! I am so happy for you!
he's sweet and ac looks very happy with him! i can't wait to meet him.
isn't it funny how such a little thing is so good at getting what they want-like snuggling all comfy between mom and dad! my kids have been good at that too. just enjoy, they're fixable!
Congratulations guys! He looks like a sweetie. Don't worry after a few months when you finally get some sleep, having two won't seem so hard to manage.
Post a Comment