Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Catch Up

I have the rare moment where both kids are asleep so I thought I would do a little catch up on the blog. Last week my sister and her family came to visit and we had so much fun with them. Since both families were available last Sunday we blessed Little E. It was really nice to have as much family as we did but we did miss all of you out-of-staters who are too far to come. The blessing was really nice, SC did a great job and Little E slept through the whole thing. Then we went back to my parents for some lunch and cake. We had ordered a blue cake from Sam’s club but somehow they missed that so poor Little E got a pink cake. Although it is not like he got any cake anyways so I don’t think he minded too much. It was a really nice day.
While my sister was here we had a little early b-day party for her little girl who is turning 1 tomorrow. She is such a little cutie and was nice enough to share all her toys with AC. We tried explaining to AC that her birthday was finally over and that they were not her toys and so instead of AC trying to claim the toys as her own she just kept saying it was her turn. So somehow it was always AC’s turn. Gotta love two year olds. We also hung out and watched some movies which I could never stay awake for but we did our best to maximize the time we had. We also did our traditional trip to the outlets which I am sure the husbands are vowing never to do again with us. We really only made it to The Children’s Place and Carter’s stores and then we were out of time. The Children’s Place was my fault because they had some good sales and I really don’t know where the time went. I think the guys made it to a couple of stores with the kids but I don’t think it was the best trip for them. My sister and I had a good time though. It was so great to have them come out. We miss you already!!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

liz, he is too cute! that is the same outfit that max wore for his blessing...crazy!

i love the family picture...you look amazing!! i miss you guys. thanks for the update though- i have been wondering how you are.

ps. is that your sister's baby!?! she looks just like jen!

Crystal said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend with family. Super fun! Your sisters little girl is a cutie! I can't believe--1 already!

Rae said...

The blessing was wonderful! It was so nice looking out and seeing you guys surrounded by your family. Such a special memory!!!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Cute pics! I love the little blessing outfit. I wish we could have been there with you guys....we gotta come back East!

Shaka said...

your kids are so cute! i'm glad we were able to come for the blessing. it looks like a had a very nice birthday! those cookie monster cupcakes are really cute!