Saturday, October 4, 2008
Happy Birthday AC!
AC turned two on Thursday so we had what seemed like a whole day of celebration. And since she is lucky enough to have both grandparents near by this was only part 1 of the festivities. She seemed to enjoy the play kitchen at our friend’s house so we decided to get her one of her own. I brought home the toy kitchen on Wednesday night and SC got to work assembling the thing. We had read some comments online about how it takes a while to assemble but I thought people were just being dramatic and that it probably wasn’t a big deal. Well, we opened the box and saw that every little piece was attached and had to be cut off and then the parts had to be screwed together. So at about 9:00p SC got to work and 3 hours later he was finally heading up to bed. It was quite the labor of love. AC does really enjoy the kitchen but I got a little worried when she got preoccupied with her $3 balloon and didn’t even want to open the kitchen at first. It looks like it was a good purchase though and will hopefully provide hours of entertainment and distraction. On Thursday night we went to my parents for pizza and cookie monster cupcakes. She had a great time and enjoyed all of her presents. The big hits were her new laptop computer and guitar. Ever since some friends had loaned us the game guitar hero, AC has wanted a guitar of her own so she is quite happy. The guitar is pretty funny too because the songs aren’t the traditional kid’s songs it plays: All-star, Wild Thing, Message in a Bottle and a couple of others. So now we at least have some non-kid’s songs stuck in our head all day. So now we are headed into that wonderful stage of the two’s. At least now she has an excuse for the tantrums that have already started. As much as she can drive us crazy sometimes she is really such a sweet little girl. We feel very blessed to have little AC in our family.






Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Happy belated birthday AC!! Enjoy all your new toys..
Happy Birthday, AC!! Looked like you guys had a fun day and your cupcakes were adorable!!!
how cute! those cupcakes are adorable...and look at those beautiful kids!! i can't believe that she is TWO...wow!
Happy Birthday AC! I love the Cookie Monster cupcakes!
I have to agree with everyone else, those cupcakes are fantastic! Love the kitchen and computer! What a happy birthday girl!!
Wow! AC scored, big time! I wish I was turning 2! I think I will make some cookie monster cupcake soon . . . but they certainly won't compare to these!!! ;)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! WE SURE MISS YOU GUYS!!!!
That is so funny about the kitchen. We got the same one from Walmart for Aubrey one christmas when we lived in CT. I was the lucky one to have to put it together. It took us 3 hours too. Sometimes I think it is better to just spend the extra money so you don't have to put it together yourself.
TWO?! TWO!!!! Wowsers...we've been gone too long :(
Sounds like she had a great birthday (despite the fact that WE weren't there!). My friends just got their daughter one of those kitchens and they call it their "thousand dollar kitchen" because the husband sliced his hand open cutting the pieces apart and had to get stitches! Crazy kid toys.
Post a Comment