Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Potty Training Isn't for Everyone!

Meaning me! All you moms that have toilet trained kids, I am impressed. I didn't realize how exhausting it is . . . and we are only on day 2. Little E is doing great. He really seems to like the potty. Ok as you can see I am tired and that was probably only funny to me. AC is doing really well for two days. She is a little stubborn sometimes. I think if I had started potty training when she was really interested a few months ago it may have been better. Now she is a little more willful. Like when I ask her if she wants to go potty and I get a response of, "no, I'm doing my puzzle." Excuse me for asking right? But we have had some great successes on the potty and some not so great successes on the floor. Especially when she thinks it is a puddle for her to jump in. At least it was in the kitchen. Maybe I shouldn't be documenting that part, kinda gross. Anyways, we are giving it a try and I am seeing just how little patience I really have. I really need to give the poor kid a break, it is only day 2 after all.

Little E has been a little neglected these past two days with his sister being a peeing time bomb and all. He has handled it well. He is usually happy to lay on the floor doing 360s in one spot, while reaching for anything in sight. He got his first tooth last week. So now when he gnaws on our finger we have that added sharpness to enjoy. Hopefully now he will start sleeping better again. A few weeks ago he magically started sleeping about 9-10 hours a night. Actually I think it was the magical Winnie the Pooh bear that our friends gave to AC. I put it in Little E's crib with him and poof, he slept great. I think for about 3 nights anyway. Then it has jumped around a little, I think the tooth was a big part in that. Now I am hoping that the good sleep habits will return.

The husband and I have found a new show to watch, The Mentalist. Well it was a new show as of this past fall. We DVR'd it and finally started watching it. The husband likes to save up a bunch of episodes before we start watching shows. We get a little obsessed with shows we like and can't wait a whole week. Hopefully they don't cancel this show on us. So everyone else probably knows all about this show but for us it is a new found treasure. Well I think that pretty much sums up what we have been up to.


3 comments:

Rae said...

"Peeing time bomb"?! That is hysterical!!!! Potty training. Sticking a fork in my eye would be less painful!! The girls were a breeze. JK is driving me to drink!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Hang in there! It gets better :)

We've just started taking Heroes episodes out of the library...we LOVE it. We watch til all hours of the night now...makes for rough days though! Anyway, love the pics...they're getting so big! And Snackie wants to come ride bikes with AC :)

Shaka said...

potty training! never fun but it's already getting better!

teeth-ouch! thing 4 loves to bite me! so have fun!

the mentalist!-love it-the dad especially!